As I stated before, I am against performance evaluation, <Performance Of Individuals In Agile>.
Now, here are two more articles for this :
– a recent discussion at scrumdevelopment group <Measuring Perfomance on SCRUM>
– an old WSJ/MIT Sloan article <Get Rid of the Performance Review!>
For the 2nd one from WSJ/MIT Sloan, the author offers 7 reasons why he finds performance reviews ill-advised and bogus :
- two people, two mind-sets
- performance doesn’t determine pay
- objectivity is subjective
- one size does not fit all
- personal development is impeded
- disruption to teamwork
- immorality of justifying corperate improvement
He also provided the altervatives in this article, and there are video and audio and discussion in the forum. Have a look!